You're about to acquire pure ducking.
4th batch [October 2020] - Preorder - 19 units available
Move your music
Discover The Pill
The Pill is the first of its kind Ducking Effect Pedal. It brings a music production effect to the live stage.
All it does is ducking. It's its core purpose. Stereo, analog, true bypass and handmade in Europe.
It's made by a musician, for musicians.
Release. Depth. Trigger. No need for more
Find the Get-Started manual here
‣ Release: Sets the duration of the ducking. From short to long.
‣ Depth: Sets the ducking volume level. From subtle to complete silence.
‣ Trigger: Sets the sensibility (gain) of the trigger input. Quickly adjusted to fit the input source.
How does it work?
There are two instrument inputs and a trigger input. Every time the pedal detects a signal at the trigger input, the audio from the instrument input gets ducked. It's that simple.
The trigger signal is not routed to the audio outputs.
Why The Pill
This pedal brings a music production effect to the live stage. It's a unique design and piece of music equipment. Instantly ready on stage. No troublesome calibration. No need for other accessories.
It’s handmade in Europe. Developed by a musician, who understands what musicians wish for and need. No needless functions. Pure Ducking in a robust aluminium enclosure, which just looks dazzling.
100% focused on functionality, musicality and sound quality. No compromises.
The pedal has been tested in real life environments - on stage, in the studio, on tour.
Each pedal is calibrated by ear. Crucial parts are hand-selected, measured and matched.
When you think about it
...The Pill connects the energy of two musicians together. It can make a flat sound more vibrant. Rhythmically always linked to another instrument.
It's moving music, makes it more lively, lets it breathe along with other instruments. It creates an organic sound with more depth. It’s all about groove. It’s bouncing.
«That is rad as fun. Fuck!» Tim Lefebvre (David Bowie, Sting, Knower...)
«I've used the Berlinbounce ducking effect for two years now and it's one of the best devices I've ever owned, no cap. I wish there was a software plugin emulation of this. It reacts so much better than any compressor with sidechain input.» Alessandro Hug (Producer and Keyboarder of Len Sander)
«I was lucky enough to get in on the first batch of this pedal and I have used it a bunch since. Having hardware dedicated to sidechain compression is a game changer for me. In the live environment it gets rid of all the hassle of using plugins and gives me tactile and direct access to the parameters of the compressor. It's portable, super sturdy, fun to use and most importantly it sounds amazing» Paul Evans (Sound Engineer, Sweden)
«When you try out new recording equipment, you quickly feel if it's something for you or not. This pedal just nailed everything. Super easy to use, great sound and extreme flexible with input levels and sources.» Manuel Egger (Recording Engineer, Suburban Sound Studio, Switzerland)
Analog. Stereo. True Bypass.
FIND THE GET-STARTED MANUAL HERE
Features and specs
‣ True bypass with silent switch (operated by a relay)
‣ Analog. No digits in here!
‣ Die-Cast Aluminium Enclosure, made by Hammond
‣ Durable powder coating and lasting UV-Print
‣ Audio Input: 2x Mono ¼ Jack. Accepts all kind of audio sources: Synths, Guitars, Laptops...
‣ Trigger Input: Mono ¼ Jack. Accepts all kind of audio sources: Drum computers, contact mics...
‣ Audio Output: 2x Mono ¼ Jack
‣ Power: Standard Boss type 9-12V DC (center negative). No batteries.
‣ Designed in Berlin, produced in Switzerland & Germany
‣ Optical compression (hello LA-2A!)
‣ Musical passive signal ducking
‣ Burr-Brown™ Audio Buffer for best sound quality (also for studio use)
‣ All components are High Quality by selected brands.
Environment, local responsibility and durability
I care about local manufacturing as it allows me to make a better product.
All pedals are assembled, enclosures are coated and printed in Switzerland. PCBs are produced in Berlin. All units will be thoroughly tested in my workspace before shipping out.
The jacks and the footswitch are hand-soldered and directly mounted to the chassis. Long-lasting design - no weak points.
The enclosure is powder-coated. Unlike traditional solvent-based wet paint, powder coating doesn’t generate harmful solvents or airborne pollutant and reduces finishing line emissions, as well as produces far less harmful waste by-product.
«Carbon-neutral» shipping as well as no use of plastic - All packaging is made out of recycled materials.